Indira Gandhi National Tribal University
Kapil Dhara Road,
Mekal Sadan Amarkantak, 484886
The Indira Gandhi National Tribal University, Amarkantak has been established by an Act of the Parliament of India. It came into existence by the Indira Gandhi National Tribal University Act, 2007 and came into action with the appointment of Prof. C. D. Singh as its first Vice-Chancellor on July 8th, 2008.
The jurisdiction of the University extends to the whole country and it is fully funded by the Central Government through the University Grant Commission. The university caters to the tribals’ long cherished dream of higher education.
Refer Indira Gandhi National Tribal University website (http://igntu.nic.in) for latest updated information on admission, date sheet and results. Here you can also download undergraduate, postgraduate courses list, syllabus, fee structure details and admission form.
- Department of Ancient Indian history, Culture & Archaeology
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Botany.
- Department of Business Management.
- Department of Chemistry.
- Department of Computer Science.
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Economics
- Department of English and Foreign Languages
- Department of Environment Science.
- Department of Geography and Regional Development
- Department of Hindi.
- Department of History.
- Department of Philosophy.
- Department of Political Science and Human Rights
- Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology.
- Department of Tourism, Hospitality and Hotel Management.
- Department of Zoology.
- Department of Psychology.
- Department of Folk History, Museology and Traditional Medicine.
- Department of Tribal Art, Folk Literature and Culture