Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University
5, Dr. D.G.S. Dinakaran Salai,
Chennai – 600 028, Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University was established in year 1997 by the Government of Tamil Nadu. This law university offers a variety of specializations in undergraduate and postgraduate law prorrammes. Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University has been ranked 18th amongst the Top-25 law schools in the country by India Today. The aim of Dr. Amberdkar Law University is to provide for the advancement and dissemination of knowledge of law and their role in the development of better education.
Both government and private law colleges are affiliated to Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, differing from the other law schools of India. The library of the university houses a good collection of more than 9500 books and subscribes to 55 National and International journals. Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University also runs a department of Distance Education. The university also runs a placement cell and is affiliated to 6 colleges located in different cities of Tamil Nadu.
- M.L – (Master Of Law ).
- 5 Year B.A.B.L.
- 5 Year B.A.B.L.,(Hons)
- 3 Year B.L. (Hons).
- 3 Year Law Degree.
- Dr. Ambedkar Government Law College, Chennai (established 1891)
- Government Law College, Tiruchirapalli (established 1979)
- Government Law College, Coimbatore (established 1979)
- Government Law College, Tirunelveli (established 1996)
- Government Law College, Chengalpattu (established 2002)
- The Central Law College, Salem, Salem (established 1984)