All India Institute of Medical Sciences
Ansari Nagar, south Delhi
New Delhi, Delhi 110029, India
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is considered as one of the highly reputated and prestigious medical college in India and is recognized for providing low cost medical services to its patients.
It is situated in Delhi and was inaugurated in 1965 and was built by the Government of New Zealand. It has been always ranked as the top most medical college in India in order to pursue degree.
The main objective to build this medical college was to develop a strong curriculum and teaching guidelines for Undergraduate and Post- Graduate education in all branches of medicine in India. The admission which takes place is on the basis of an entrance test and it takes place every year on 1 June. it accepts 72 Indian students to which 37 belong to general category and rest 16 to reserved category. The college even provides residential facility to its students and staff.
Refer AIIMS’s website (www.aiims.edu) for latest updated MBBS entrance exam results, college admission procedure, admission form, medical syllabus, courses and for AIIMS conselling
Courses Offered and Department:
AIIMS have various courses which is divided as per the subjections like undergraduate courses, Post-graduate, integrating clinics and research
- M.B.B.S.(Annual intake of 77 students)
- M.D./M.S.(Annual intake of around 217-220 students in 24 disciplines)
- D.M./M.ch.(in 12 and 5 disciplines respectively)
- B.Sc.(Hons.) inOptometry /Radio-diagnosis(Annual intake of 14 and 9 students in each discipline respectively)
- B.Sc.(Hons.) inNursing(Annual intake of 70 students in B.Sc. Nursing)
- M.Sc.inAnatomy,Biochemistry,Biophysics,Pharmacology andPhysiology
- M.Sc. in Urology Technology, Perfusion Technology &Nuclear medicine
- Ph.D.in 47 disciplines.
- Centre for Community Medicine
- College of Nursing
- Dermatology & Venereology
- Endocrinology, Metabolism & Diabetes
- Forensic Medicine
- Gastroenterology and Human Nutrition
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Hospital Administration
- Laboratory Medicine
- Paediatric Surgery
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Radio Diagnosis
- Reproductive Biology
- Surgical Disciplines
- Transplant Immunology & Immunogenetics
- Transfusion Medicine (Blood Bank)
Specialty Centers at AIIMS:
As per the AIIMS Citizen’s Charter,doctors & staff at AIIMS strive to provide comprehensive, high quality tertiary care services including specialty and super-specialty services to all without consideration of caste, creed, religion, sex, economic status or disability. However, there may be some deficiencies due to extreme patient load and finite resources
- Cardio-Thoracic Sciences Centre
- Centre for Dental Education and Research
- Neurosciences Centre
- Dr. R.P Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences
- Dr. B.R.A Institute-Rotary Cancer Hospital
- National Drug Dependence Treatment centre
- Jai Prakash Narayan Apex Trauma centre
- Biomedical Engineering
- AIIMS is the first Indian center to perform a successful cardiac transplant. The surgery was performed by Dr.P. Venugopal, the ex director of AIIMS in 1994.
- AIIMS is a leader in Stem Cell therapy, especially Cardiac and Neurological.
- AIIMS has India’s first and only minimally invasive surgery training centre, under collaboration with Germany.
- It is a pioneer of robotic surgeries in India, particularly the Da Vinci system for urology, and robotic CTVS.