Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
Hauz Khas Safdarganj Development Area,
Hauz Khas, New Delhi, Delhi 110016
Indian Institute of Technology was established on 21 August, 1961 and its foundation was laid by Prince Philip, Duke of Edin Burgh. It was established as a college of Engineering and Technology and was inaugurated by Prof. Humayun kabin. It is a very huge campus of about 320 acres (1.3km) and is located in Hauz Khas , South Delhi.
The campus is very beautiful and a very well planned institution. The institute holds around 2300 Undergraduates and is 2500 Post graduates. There is even residential zone divided between men and women.The college also excel in extra curricular activities like Dramatic , Sports , Music , and they even have there own personal placement cell through which they place there students at a god post.
Refer Indian Institute of Technology Delhi website (www.iitd.ac.in) for latest updated information on IIT Delhi admission, exam date sheet and results. Here you can also download undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma courses list, syllabus, fee structure details and admission form.
Courses and Department:
The college provide enormous number of courses linked with the field of Engineering at Undergraduate and Post graduate levels:
- Chemical Engineering
- Biochemical Engineering & Biotechnology
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Department of Humanities & Social Science
- Management Studies
- Mechanical Engineering
- Textile Technology
- Applied Mechanics
- Centre for Atmospheric Sciences (CAS)
- Centre for Biomedical Engineering (CBME)
- Computer Services Centre (CSC)
- Centre for Energy Studies (CES)
- Educational Technology Services Centre (ETSC)
- Industrial Tribology, Machine Dynamics & Maintenance Engineering (ITMMEC)
- Instrument Design Development Centre (IDDC)
- Centre for Polymer Science & Engineering (CPSE)
- Centre for Rural Development & Technology (CRDT)
- National Resource Centre for Value Education in Engineering (NRCVEE)
- Centre for Applied Research in Electronics (CARE)
IIT Delhi, like all other Indian Institutes of Technology, is best known for its undergraduate program that includes:
- The Bachelor of Technology program ,
- The Dual Degree Bachelor-cum-Master of Technology program and
- An Integrated Master of Technology Program.
It also offers postgraduate level programs like
- Master of Technology,
- Master of Science,
- Master of Science (Research),
- Master of Business Administration,
- Master of Design (Industrial Design)
IIT Delhi offers a Bachelor of Technology in 9 different major areas that include.
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering,
- Computer Science and Engineering,
- Electrical Engineering,
- Electrical Engineering (Power),
- Engineering Physics,
- Production and Industrial Engineering,
- Mechanical Engineering and
- Textile Technology.
2.The dual degree
- B.Tech-cum-M.Tech program in Biochemical and Bio-Technology,
- Chemical Engineering,
- Computer Science and Engineering and Electrical Engineering.
- M.Tech program offered in Mathematics and Computing.
The institute offers post graduate level programs in every department of Engineering that exists in the institute with varied areas of specialization. There are a number of inter-disciplinary programs also available. The list grows so huge that it would be unwise to enumerate it here. The admission criteria for the post graduation programs vary from one program to other and are the subject matter of the concerned department(s).
- JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) – For admissions to Under Graduate Programmes (BTech), MSc Integrated Courses, MTech Integrated Courses and Dual Degree MTech programmes.
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) – For admissions to Postgraduate Programmes in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Science and Pharmacy.
- JMET (Joint Management Entrance Test) – For admissions to PG Degree Programme in Management (MBA).
- JAM (Joint Admission Test) – For admissions to MSc and other post BSc Programmes.
- CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design) – For admissions to Master of Design (MDes) Programmes.