GMAT School Coordinator
1600 Tysons Boulevard
McLean, Virginia 22102, USA
Attention: GMAT Program
PO Box 581907
Minneapolis, MN 55458-1907
There is no minimum educational qualification requirement for taking GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test). GMAT test scores are valid for five years but it is always better if scores are not older than 2 years.
However, a candidate below 18 years of age has to send a written form to “GMAT Customer Services” of his/her region signed by his/her parents/local guardian to take GMAT exam.
Mode of Exam
The GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) exam is a COMPUTER-ADAPTIVE TEST (CAT), where questions are randomly selected as a candidate takes the exam. At the start of each multiple-choice section of CAT, candidates are presented a question of middle difficulty. As a candidate attempts each question, the computer tracks the answer and uses it to determine which question to present next
GMAT is a three and a half hour test consisting of three sections:
- Analytical Writing: Candidates will have two writing tasks of 30 minutes each: Analysis of an issue and Analysis of an argument.
- Quantitative Section: This section consists of 37 multiple-choice questions and the total duration for this section is 75 minutes. Questions will be from Problem solving and Data Sufficiency.
- Verbal Section: This section consists of 41 multiple choice questions to be answered in 75 minutes. The questions will be of 3 types: Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, and Sentence Correction.
- The examinee must first select a convenient GMAT test center location. Most of the test centers offer GMAT exam throughout the year, operating on its own schedule and can accommodate varying numbers of examinees. Candidate’s can register for GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) ONLINE, or by Phone, or by Mail.
- To register, the candidate has to call GMAT Contact centers office until 12:00 noon on working days and call at least three business days before the test date.
- To register by fax, send fax at least seven days prior to first choice of the test day.
- To register by mail, fill in the GMAT application form, get the Demand Draft (DD) made (or pay online by credit card), submit them to GMAT Contact Center either by hand or by registered post/courier and remember to send the documents at least three weeks before choice of a test day.
- On receipt of all the required documents, an appointment for test will be scheduled at the GMAT Contact Center and confirmation of the date, time and location of the appointment will be sent to the candidate.