Graduate Record Examinations (GRE)
Prometric Testing private Limited
160-A, Senior Plaza, 3rd Floor
Gautam Nagar, Yusuf Sarai, Behind Indian Oil Building
New Delhi - 110049
The Eligibility Criteria for Graduate Record Exams, GRE is quite long. Taking GRE test is to get admission into graduate colleges / Universities of USA, Canada and other countries. The minimum educational qualification is undergraduate degree that comes to 10+2+4 years of minimum education basis from any of the recognized Universities.
The prospective graduate applicants take the GRE General Test and GRE subject test. GRE scores are used by the admissions authorities or fellowship panels to supplement undergraduate academic, extracurricular records and other qualifications for graduate study.
Some GRE Subject Tests yield sub scores that can indicate the strengths and weaknesses of an individual student and may be useful for guidance and placement purposes.
The GRE test scores are valid for five years and most universities accept scores up to five years old but candidates are strongly recommended to keep latest scores not more than two years old.
Mode of exam
The GRE General Test measures critical thinking, analytical writing, verbal reasoning and quantitative reasoning skills of the test takers that have been acquired over a long period of time and that are not related to any specific field of study.
The GRE Subject Tests measure undergraduate achievement in the eight disciplines listed below. Each Subject Test is intended for students who have majored in or have extensive background in that specific area.
- Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Computer Science
- Literature in English
- The examinee must first select a convenient GRE test center location. Most of the test centers offer GRE exam throughout the year, operating on its own schedule and can accommodate varying numbers of examinees. Candidate’s can register for GRE online, or by Phone, Fax or by Mail.
- To register, the candidate has to call GRE Contact centers office until 12:00 noon on working days and call at least three business days before the test date.
- To register by fax, send fax at least seven days prior to first choice of the test day.
- To register by mail, fill in the GRE application form, get the Demand Draft (DD) made (or pay online by credit card), submit them to GRE Contact Center either by hand or by registered post/courier and remember to send the documents at least three weeks before choice of a test day.
- On receipt of all the required documents, an appointment for test will be scheduled at the GRE Contact Center and confirmation of the date, time and location of the appointment will be sent to the candidate.