IIT JEE Exam
Courses offered by IITs are:
- B.Tech (4 years)
- B.Pharma (4 years)
- B.Design (4 years)
- B.Architechture (5 years)
- M.Sc Intergrated (5 years)
- M.sc Tech (5 years)
- M. Pharma Dual Degree (5 years)
- BS + MS Dual Degree (5 years)
- B.Tech/M.Tech Dual Degree (5 years)
- The eligibility criteria is followed by both aspects i.e. Date of Birth and Passing Year of the HSC Exam
- For General and OBC categories, only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 1986 are eligible to appear in JEE-2011. SC, ST, and PD candidates who are born on or after October 1, 1981 are eligible to appear in the JEE.
- The date of birth as recorded in the high school certificate / first Board/Pre-University certificate will be accepted. If the certificate does not mention the date of birth, a candidate must submit, a genuine document indicating the date of birth.
- A candidate must have passed the Qualification Examination for the first time should have a difference of 2 years appearing IITJEE.
- Candidates must have appeared the final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central / state Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi.
- 3 year Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state Board of technical education
- Candidates belonging to GE and OBC categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in their QE. SC, ST and PD candidates must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in their QE.
The rules and regulations may change under the decisions made by IIT
The syllabus comprises of four subjects:
General Physics, Modern Physics, Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism, Optics
General topics, Gaseous and liquid states, Atomic structure and chemical bonding, Energetics, Electrochemistry, Surface chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Nuclear Chemistry etc.
- Aptitude Test
Freehand drawing, Geometrical drawing, Three-dimensional perception, Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity, Architectural awareness
IITJEE Examination Forms are available online and student can download from the site respectively at http://jee.iitd.ac.in/downloadinfo.php
For online submission of forms, the candidates can logon to these sites and submit their forms by paying ` 450 for SC/ST/ PD/ Female candidates and ` 900 for other candidates.
Forms are also available at various bank branches mentioned in the website at ` 1000