MHT CET Exam – Engineering
MHT-CET Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with English, Physics, and Chemistry & Mathematics with at least 50% aggregate marks in PCM. There is 5% relaxation for Maharashtra backward classes. Candidates appearing for 10+2 examinations can also apply.
- Eligible Outside Maharashtra Students candidates who are appearing for MHT CET-2011 and seeking admission to Engineering Degree courses shall be considered eligible for admission against the institute level seats only in Unaided Private Colleges.
- Eligible Outside Maharashtra Students candidates who are appearing for MHT CET-2011 and seeking admission to Pharmacy Degree course shall be considered eligible for admission to 15% CAP Seats during the Centralized Admission Process (CAP) rounds I & II Such candidates can also apply for admission against the institute level seats in Unaided Private Colleges.
The syllabus will be of three question papers each of 100 marks
- Paper 1: Physics and Chemistry (50 marks each)
- Paper 2: Biology (Zoology & Botany) (50 Marks each)
- Paper 3: (Mathematics 100 marks)
The syllabus is based on the same standards of HSC examination conducted by the Board of Maharashtra.
There will be a common form for Engineering, Health Science and Pharmacy Courses. Application forms along with brochures for MHT-CET will be available at the schools/junior colleges of students where they have studied in Maharashtra. Candidates have to submit the completely filled application forms in their schools before the last date.
The Exam is held once every year and the candidates are advised to follow certain steps. These are:
- The candidates who are applying through post application form have to send a requisite letter along with mentioning of his or her registration number at the top right hand side of the letter.
- The candidates who are applying through website application form should only forward the filled form after carefully going through each steps mentioned. They can log on to www.dte.org.in
- Candidates even from outside Maharashtra can appear for MHT-CET 2011, though they can only get admission in Private unaided colleges for a limited number of seats. Candidates can also get admission through their AIEEE scores in private unaided colleges.
More Information on MHT-CET