SLIET Entrance Exam
Great emphasis is given on imparting practical training in related industry and it fulfills the technical work force requirements of various levels by following a concept of modular system. The educational programs of this institute are practical oriented and innovative.
SLIET offers direct admission to all Indian candidates who are living abroad in undergraduate engineering courses through Direct Admission of students Abroad (DASA 2011-12 ) . There is a provision for certificate students to enter to diploma & diploma students to degree courses. The university provides diploma certifications, degree courses and even PhD degree courses. SLIET was the first university, which offered B. Tech degree courses to diploma students thus opening newer career prospects for them. It also offers its students to upgrade from certificate to diploma courses and from diploma to degree courses. It also offers M.Tech and MBA courses.
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET) is a Deemed University, formed by Government of India through Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) in order to provide technical education in areas of Engineering and Technology, conducts SLIET Entrance Test (SET). SLIET was established in 1991 in the memory of late Sant Harchand Singh Longowal, as a fully funded organization.
SLIET Eligibility Criteria
- All candidates having Diploma degree in any discipline from SLIET or from any other polytechnic approved by All India Council for Technical Education are eligible to take SET for degree courses.
- Candidates having a minimum qualification of 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized University or a Certificate holder from SLIET are also eligible to take SET for Diploma courses.
- The candidates, who have studied Biology, Biotechnology instead of mathematics at 10 + 2 level are also eligible.
- SLIET has introduced the practice of upgrading degrees, which has helped many students to go for higher studies and earn a degree that they have desired!
SLIET Entrance Exam has two papers.
Paper-I consists of English, mathematics, General Knowledge, Physics, chemistry, and Mental Aptitude
Paper-II consists of Basics of Engineering.
English: Grammar, Idioms and Phrases, Sentence Correction, Voice change
Mathematics: All Chapters of Algebra, Trigonometry and Calculus
Physics: Scalar, Vector, Newton’s Law of Motion, Universal Law of Gravitation
Chemistry: Language of Chemistry, Atomic structure, Periodic Classification, Chemical Bonding, Oxidation and Reduction
The Entrance Tests conducted for admission to Certificate, Diploma, Degree and PG Program is termed as SLIET Entrance Test-I (SET-I), SLIET Entrance Test-II (SET-II), SLIET Entrance Test-III (SET-III) and SLIET Entrance Test-VI (SET-VI), respectively. Besides these, Entrance Test named SLIET Entrance Test-IV (SET-IV) and SLIET Entrance Test-V (SET-V) are also conducted for admission to Vertical Entry seats of Diploma Program and Degree Program respectively for SLIET students.
The duly filled-in OMR Application Form should be submitted along with a Fee of Rs.600/- (Rs.300/- for SC/ST Candidates).
- By Cash at Accounts Section Cash Counter at SLIET, Longowal OR
- By Cash at Selected Branches of Axis Bank through Pay-in-Slip attached in the Information Brochure
- By Demand Draft in favor of “DIRECTOR SLIET” payable at Longowal / Sangrur (Demand Draft should be preferably of Central Bank of India OR State Bank of India OR Oriental Bank of Commerce OR Punjab National Bank OR State Bank of Patiala OR ICICI Bank)
More Information on SLIET
Candidates can log on to these sites for more Information: