SSC Clerks Grade Exam
Department of Personnel and Training
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Block No. 12, Kendriya Karyalay Parisar
New Delhi – 110003
Clerks Grade Exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for recruitment to the posts of clerks for the following groups of services/offices:
- Indian Foreign Service (B) Grade VI
- Railway Board Secretariat Clerical Service Grade II
- Central Secretariat Clerical Service- Lower Division Grade
- Armed Forces Headquarters Clerical Service-Lower Division Grade
- Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs
- President's Secretariat
- Equivalent/comparable posts in Subordinate offices of Government of India located throughout India
- Offices of the Controller and Auditor General of India, Accountants General (Audit) and Accountants General (Accounts and Estt.) in various States
- Controller General of Defense Accounts
- Central Vigilance Commission
- Equivalent/comparable posts in other Departments and Attached Offices of Government of India not mentioned in Group 'X'
- Equivalent/comparable posts in the offices of Public Sector undertakings,
- Autonomous Bodies like Employees State Insurance Corporation.
- Delhi Administration
- Municipal Corporation of Delhi
- New Delhi Municipal Corporation
- Delhi University
Candidate should be of 18 to 25 years on the1st August of the year of examination. Upper age limit is relaxed for scheduled castes/scheduled tribes, etc.
Education qualification should be Matriculation or equivalent
Mode of Exam
General Intelligence and Clerical Aptitude: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgments, decision-making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s ability to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships, arithmetical computations and other analytical functions.
- English Language
- Numerical Aptitude
- General Awareness: The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries, especially those information which are related to history, geography, culture, economic scenario, polity and scientific research.
- Type Writing Test: It shall consist of one paper of ‘Running Matter’ of 10 minutes duration. The typewriting test will be a qualifying test only.
Only such candidates as qualify in the type writing test with a speed of not less than 30 words per minute in English or not less than 25 words per minute in Hindi will be eligible for being recommended for appointment as Lower Division Clerks in the Central Secretariat and its attached/subordinate offices etc.
The Staff Selection Commission conducts the Clerks Grade examination once in a year, generally in the month of September. Blank application forms and other particulars are published in the Employment News in the month of April. The last date for the submission of application is usually the third week of May every year.