SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination
Department of Personnel and Training
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Block No. 12, Kendriya Karyalay Parisar
New Delhi – 110003
The Combined Graduate Level Examination is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for recruitment to various subordinate services like:
- Assistants Grade [Group `B' Non-Gazetted) for the groups of services/offices like AFHQ CSS, Railway Board, IFS (B) and Posts in offices like Research Designs & Standards Organization, Central Vigilance Commission, etc.
- Inspector of Posts (Group `B' Non-Gazetted)
- Inspectors of Central Excise, Income Tax, Preventive Officer in Custom Houses, Assistant Enforcement Officers, etc.
- Sub-Inspectors in CBI.
- Sub-Inspectors of Police in Central Police Organizations, [BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP]
- Divisional Accountants/Auditors/Junior Accountants/ UDCs, in various Central Government Departments.
Candidate’s age must lie between
- 20 to 27 years for Assistant Grade & SIs in CBI
- (b) 18 to 27 years for inspectors of CE/IT & Div. Accounts/Auditors/UDCs, etc.,
- 20 to 25 years for SIs in CPOs on the first day of the August of the year of Examination
- The upper age limit may be relaxed in respect of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and such other categories of person as may, from time to time, notified in the behalf by the Government of India to the extent and subject to the conditions notified in respect of each categories.
A graduation Degree of a recognized University or equivalent
Mode of Examination
The exam is held in two phases. The first phase of the exam is called the Preliminary Examination. Those who qualify in the Preliminary Exam are eligible to appear in the Mains.
The Combined Preliminary Examination will be of a Test for selection of candidates for the Main Examination for the different categories of posts, mentioned in the first paragraphs, and would comprise the following subjects:
- General Intelligence & General Awareness
Both the papers will be of 100 marks each
Main Examination (Conventional type)
- English Language
- Language Comprehension (English)
- Communication Skill & Writing Ability
- General English
- General Studies
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Preliminary Examination once a year for selection of candidates for the main Examination. Candidates declared by the commission to have qualified for admission to the Main Examination based on this combined preliminary examination will have to apply again with requisite fees in the prescribed application form, which will be sending to such qualified candidates by the concerned regional offices of the commission. Blank application forms and other particulars are published in the ‘Employment News’.