SSC Stenographers Grade C Exam
Department of Personnel and Training
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Block No. 12, Kendriya Karyalay Parisar
New Delhi – 110003
The Stenographers Grade C Examination is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for recruitment of:
- Central Secretariat Stenographers Service- Grade C (for inclusion in the select list of the Grade);
- Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers' Service Grade C (for inclusion in the select list of the Grade)
- Election commission of India
- Central Vigilance Commission
- Indian Foreign Service (B) - Grade II of the Stenographers Cadre
- Armed Forces headquarters Stenographers' Service -Grade C
- Posts of Stenographers in other departments/organizations attached offices of the Govt. of India not participating in above service
- A candidate must have attained the age of 18 years and must have attained the age of 27 years on the first day of the January of the year in which the examination is held.
- The upper age may be relaxed in respect of scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and other backward classes and such other categories of persons as may from time to time be notified in this behalf by the Government of India to the extent and subject to the conditions, notified in respect of category.
- A candidate should have passed Higher Secondary examination, equivalent, or higher examination from a recognized university or educational board.
Mode of Exam
The examination comprises of:
- A written test
- Stenography test in Hindi or English
Written Test: The subjects of the examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks for each subject will be as follows:
- General Awareness & Reasoning-50
- General Knowledge-50
- English language & Comprehension-100
Candidates who obtain the qualifying marks in the SSC Stenographer Written Examination as may be prescribed by the Staff Selection Commission will only be called for the SSC Stenographer Skill Test. It may also prescribe qualifying marks in each part of the SSC Stenographer Grade C and D Written Examination. The SSC Skill Test will be of qualifying nature and the Staff Selection Commission will fix the qualifying standards in the skill test for different categories of candidates.
The candidates will have to appear for the SSC stenography test. The candidates will be given 1 dictation for 10 minutes in English / Hindi at the speed of 100 w.p.m. for the SSC post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’.
The examination is held once a year, generally in the month of September. Blank application forms and other particulars are published in the Employment News in the month of June. The last date for submission of application is generally last week of July.
Staff Selection Commission Stenographers Exam Applications must be submitted only in the prescribed format. Candidate may apply Online or by Post. For detailed instructions relating to the application form and how the application for Stenographers is to be submitted for postal applications for Stenographer grade C and Online applications respectively, may refer to “Employment News”
Candidates need to pay Rupees one hundred only (100) payable through CRF Stamps for Offline application or Online payment through account with SBI in the case of SSC Online application.