Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
160-A, Senior Plaza, 3rd Floor
Gautam Nagar, Yusuf Sarai, Behind Indian Oil Building
New Delhi - 110049
For appearing in TOEFL, there is no minimum educational qualification required as such. The test administrator “Educational Testing Services” recommends that 11th grade level or above is suitable qualification for taking test. As far as Indian candidates are concerned, those who have cleared 10+2 level of any recognized Indian Board or University is suitable qualification to take the TOEFL test, although the level of test higher.
TOEFL is the entry test for students who are looking for getting admission in colleges of English speaking countries such as US, Canada and UK and many other countries. Usually, those students who are willing to study abroad take up this test.
Mode of Exam
TOEFL can be of two types, the internet based (IBT) and the paper-based test (PBT). There is no difference in the validity of the score whether it is generated by the IBT or PBT.
TOEFL internet based test consist of the following sections
- Speaking: 6 tasks (6 questions)
- Writing: 2 tasks (2 questions)
- Listening: 6–9 passages (each containing 5–6 questions)
- Reading: 3–5 passages (each containing 12–14 questions)
If the areas are not avail to the internet facilities, ETS conduct paper based test and the areas are,
- Listening (30 – 40 minutes)
- Reading Comprehension (55 minutes)
- Structure and Written Expression (25 minutes)
- Writing (30 minutes)
The examinee must first select a convenient TOEFL test center location. Most of the test centers offer GMAT exam throughout the year, operating on its own schedule and can accommodate varying numbers of examinees. Candidate’s can register for TOEFL online, or by Phone, Fax or by Mail.
- To register, the candidate has to call TOEFL Contact centers office until 12:00 noon on working days and call at least three business days before the test date.
- To register by fax, send fax at least seven days prior to first choice of the test day.
- To register by mail, fill in the TOEFL application form, get the Demand Draft (DD) made (or pay online by credit card), submit them to TOEFL Contact Center either by hand or by registered post/courier and remember to send the documents at least three weeks before choice of a test day.
- On receipt of all the required documents, an appointment for test will be scheduled at the TOEFL Contact Center and confirmation of the date, time and location of the appointment will be sent to the candidate.