Ananda Chandra College
West Bengal, I ndia
Ananda Chandra College, established in 1942, is a Government Sponsored College under University of North Bengal. It is situated at Arbindanagar on the Jalpaiguri – Siliguri Highway and is a Co-educational College having two shifts, Day and Morning, under the same Governing Body with a Boys Hostel, an upcoming Girls Hostel and Staff Quarters. Nestled amidst the lush green fields on all sides with Karola river on the Northern side of its boundary, it truly sports a unique view. The full fledged Degree College has Arts stream with Honours in Bengali, Economics, English, Geography, History, Political Science & Sanskrit and Science stream having Honours in Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics & Zoology. The College also imparts education in M.A. (Bengali) & B.P.Ed. in addition to nineteen teaching departments at degree level. New courses like BCA, Honours in Environmental Science and Physiology is going to be introduced shortly.
- Mountaneering Course
- Nature Labs
- College Student Union
- Alumni Association
- Grieveance Redressal Cell
- BA Honours and General
- BSc Honours and General
- TheCourse leading to the B.A. or B.Sc. Degree (Honours or General) ismeant for those who have passed the H.S. Examination (10+2 Course)conducted by the Council of Higher Secondary Education, West Bengal,or an equivalent examination recognised by the University of NorthBengal. All applications for admission must be made in the prescribedform attached with the prospectus. Application forms duly filled inare to be submitted in the college office within the dates notified.The admission process starts immediately after the publication of WBHSresult.
- Selectionof Students for admission to all courses are made strictly on meritand subject to eligibility criteria and other conditions as are laiddown by the university Roles. All admissions are provisional. Theadmission of any candidate who does not folly satisfy the Universityrequirements shall stand cancelled at any stage.
- Studentswilling to take Physical Education as an optional subject in theGeneral pass course will be required to go through an admission testfor selection. Due weightage for outstanding achievements in games andsports may be given to the candidates who have successfullyparticipated in the State level meet or above.
- Forcandidates under the SC/ST Category, SC/ST Certificates must beobtained from the competent authority in the name of the Candidate.For Candidates under the Permanent Disabled Reserved Category,Permanent Disability Certificate must be obtained from the CivilSurgeon/District Medical officr. Attested Copies of Certificates arerequired to be furnished along with the application for admission.
- Allsubsequent Notifications, Counselling Schedule, AdmissionInstructions, Selection Lists etc. will be put up in the CollegeNotice Board.