Institute of Pharmacy
The Institute of Pharmacy, Jalpaiguri, is situated in the district of Jalpaiguri in West Bengal, India. It is situated in the District Hospital Campus in Jalpaiguri Town. It was previously known as Jackson's Medical College. It was created by the then British Government as an axillary medical institution to grant medical degrees in 1823. It is the first diploma pharmacy college in India, as it started granting diploma degrees in Pharmacy since 1920. The school was upgraded to a B.Pharm degree granting institution in 2003. Institute of Pharmacy, Jalpaiguri is managed by the Government of West Bengal directly and is affiliated to The West Bengal University of Health Sciences. The courses of this institute are approved by Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Laboratory Facility: Well equipped laboratories with sufficient chemical reagents for each and every practical works are available.
- Library Facility: The college library has a collection of about 3000 books and 4 Journal and two newspapers. Each student is entitled to borrow at least two reference books at a time but first year students are entitled to borrow one book at a time. There is reading room facility also.
- Hostel Facility: Boys hostel for both B.Pharm & D.Pharm are available with limited seat. The selection procedure of hostel boarder ship depends on primarily distance and family income of the applicant. The accommodation will however depend upon the availability of the seats in the hostel. The hostel boarders are required to pay Rs. 100.00 (One hundred only) per month as seat rent. Ladies hostel is not available till now.
- Medical Facility: There is a District Hospital by the side of the Institute. Students of college may also be member of the Students Health Home, Jalpaiguri for which an annual fee to be paid by the students.
- Student’s Union: The Student’s Union, Institute of Pharmacy, Jalpaiguri had come into existence ever since the college was established in 1948 and is engaged in different activities like, game & sports, cultural programme, seminar, debate, Blood donation camp and various academic activities.
- B Pharm
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- For B Pharmacy – Applicants should be an Indian Citizen, domiciled in West Bengal and have passed/appeared this year in the H.S (10+2) Examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Mathematics under West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or equivalent Examination of a recognized Board/Council and should qualified The West Bengal State Joint Entrance Examination, as per the Government Rules and Regulations. The selection of the candidates who have appeared this year, however, be subject to their passing of the said Examination before admission.
- For Diploma in Pharmacy - Applicants should be an Indian Citizen, domiciled in West Bengal. Applications will be entertained from candidates, both from male and female who have passed in the H.S (10+2) Examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Mathematics under West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or equivalent Examination of a recognized Board/ Council.