Birla School of Management
L. N. Birla Building
1, Moira Street, Near Minto Park,
Kolkata - 700017
Birla School of Management, a premier Institute in the field of Management Studies in Eastern India was established under the aegis of Vidya Mandir Society(VMS), a registered society under the Societies Act No.XXI of I860. The Society was founded by the eminent industrialist, philanthropist and scholar Late L N Birla to provide education to enlighten young minds and help new generations to forge ahead and reach greater heights.
The Chairman of this Trust is Syt. S.K. Birla, a doyen of Indian industry and former President, Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Syt. Birla is associated with many educational institutions and trusts.
- Located conveniently in the centre of the city within walkable bus and metro routes
- impressive campus with state-of-the-art facilities
- spacious, acoustically-designed, air-conditioned classrooms equipped with LCD and microphone
- security controlled gates and CCTV surveillance
- fire equipment and alarm system
- a modern ;Learning Resource Centre (LRC)with
- 46 internet-equipped computers loaded with the best management-oriented software packages, e-journals, online databases and e-knowledge platforms.
- a very impressive collection of reference books, professional journals, magazines and newspapers covering contemporary management parameters
- laptop with Operating System and all necessary software will be provided to all students
- professional and internationally acclaimed visiting faculty
- built in life-skill and grooming sessions, Enterprise Resource Management and Corporate Skills Development Programs
- full placement support along with opportunities for industry interfaces
- affiliated to West Bengal University of Technology
- educational loans facilitated
- opportunity to earn international MBA from USA simultaneously with MMA
- possibility of pursuing the AIMA PGDM concurrently with MMA degree
Master in Management Administration (MMA) – Specialisations in NGO and Event Management, Financial Engineering, Entrepreneurship and Micro Small Enterprise Management, Retail Management and Marketing of Agricultural Products.
The minimum qualification for admission to the MMA course is a Bachelor’s Degree(10+2+3 or 10+2+4) in Arts / Science / Commerce / Engineering / Technology / Medical / Dental / Pharmacy / Agriculture or any other equivalent degree from a recognized University. Final year candidates appearing for graduation examination in 2012 may also apply.
Admission will be for the graduates who have passed the WBUT’s JEMMA,or have valid MAT or CMAT Scores. Selection of the students for admission to the programme will be done on the basis of merit as evaluated during Group Discussion and Personal Interview conducted by the selection committee at the Institute.
- Secondary (Class X) Marksheet (2 attested copies)
- Higher Secondary (Class XII) Marksheet (2 attested copies)
- Graduation Marksheet (2 attested copies)
- MAT Score card. (2 Copies)
- Two passport sized colour photographs.
- A draft of Rs 500/- payable at Kolkata to Birla School of Management.