Rastraguru Surendranath College
6, Riverside Road & 85,
North 24 Parganas-700120
West Bengal, India
Barrackpore Rastraguru Surendranath College, founded in 1953, is a UGC registered College [under 2f] & accredited by NAAC. A group of dedicated men, led by Dr. Satish Bose, a noted social worker, took the initiative in establishing this institution on 19 Sept. 1953 and named it after one of the most illustrious sons of Barrackpore and India. The institution initially functioned from DebiprasadHigh School and in 1954 was shifted to 6 Riverside Road as an institution affiliated to the University of Calcutta. In 1969, the college bought a plot of land at 85 Middle Road for further expansion. From the session 2008-09, the college will be affiliated to the West Bengal State University,Barasat, 24 Pgs(N) as per government Gazette.
Over the years the college has consolidated its position as a premier institution in the state of West Bengal imparting learning in diverse areas of Humanities, Commerce and Basic Sciences. Emerging Subjects in the field of Applied Sciences such as Computer Science, Electronic Science, Micro-Biology, Psychology, Food & Nutrition are given due emphasis. Bachelor of Business Administration (introduced in 2002), a professional management degree course that teaches the art and science of corporate governance aims at producing junior management executives for tomorrow’s corporate world.
- BA Honours and General
- BSc Honours and General
- B Com Honours and General
- Admission to B.A., B.Sc., B.Com., B.B.A. General and Honours course will be on the basis of the candidate having passed the Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized by affiliated University and other criteria as stated by the institution.
- Admission to be made strictly on the basis of merit.
- Students seeking admission are required to pass at least four subjects including one language and excluding Environmental Science, being each paper of at least 100 marks.
- Admission In All Honours Subjects Will Be Made Through Counselling Process Excluding few subjects of direct admission procedure.
- No candidate will be allowed to take up a subject if he/she could not obtain PASS MARK in the said subject at the previous qualifying examination.
- Applicants are directed to submit separate application forms for different HONOURS subjects & different combinations e.g. English (Hons.), Bengali (Hons.), B.A. (General) etc.