Sir Gurudas Mahavidyalaya
33C/1, B. B.
Kolkata - 700067
Gurudas College of Commerce was established in 1968 affiliated to the University of Calcutta and enlisted under Section 2(f) and 12(b) of the UGC Act. The name of the College is changed to Sir Gurudas Mahavidyalaya due to its conversion from unifaculty to multifaculty Institution.The College is governed by a Governing Body Constituted under statute 93 of the Calcutta University First Statute 1979. The Principal is the Head of the Institution and Administrative Chief of the College The young, energetic, hard working, dedicated newly reruited faculty mix of efficient and experienced senior teachers shoulder the academic responsibility with quality assurance in Higher Education.
- Computer labs
- Internet Facilities
- Merit Scholarships
- Tution Fees Concession
- Student’s Aid Fund
- Future Planning
- Suggestion and Complaint
- B.Com Honours and General
- B.Sc Honours and Genral
- B.A Honours and General
- The College will announce the dates regarding Admission related procedures and they will be published in the College Notice board and our website also candidates need to submit the completed form duly attested, wherever required.
- Merit List comprising the names of all the applicants will be displayed on the notice board.
- Admission formalities will be completed through counselling in order of merit.
- Mark sheet and Admit Card for H .S. or equivalent examination and Admit Card for Madhyamik Pariksha (all in original) for admission to Degree Class.
- Transfer certificate whenn one comes from another college
- A letter from the legal guardian appointing a local guardian when a student will not live with his / her parents
- For admission in B.Com. (General) Course – The candidate must have passed the H.S. Examination (+2 Course) conducted by the W.B.C. for H.S. Education, or an equivalent examination, recognized as such by the Calcutta University with, (a) English and (b) Commerce subject like Accountancy / Buisness Organization / B.E.B.M / or commerce related subjects like Economics / Mathematics / Statistics / Commerce / Book keeping / Business studies / Cost accountancy & Mgt. Office practice & secretarial ;as two main subjects of not less than 100 marks each.
- For admission in B.Com. ( Honours) course – The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate with 45% marks in any of the commerce or commerce related subjects, or a minimum of 55% marks in any of the commerce or commerce related subject.
- For admission in B.A.(General), B.Sc. (General) course – The candidate must have passed the H.S. Examination (+2 Course) conducted by the W.B.C. for H.S. Examination, or an equivalent examination, recognised as such by the Calcutta University with English as one main subject of not less than 100 marks.
- For admission in B.A. (Honours), B.Sc. (Honours) course -The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate with 45% marks in the subject in which Honours in sought, or a minimum of 55% marks in the subject in which Honours is sought, or a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate when the candidate takes up Honours in the subject not included in his/ her previous qualifying examination provided all other clauses are satisfied.