Bosepukur, P.o- rajpur,
south 24 parganas
Kolkata - 700149
Sonarpur Mahavidyalaya is a co-educational degree college. It was established in 1985 and it had been duly accredited by National Assesment and Accredidation Council, (NAAC) Bangalore. The college was founded in September 1985 as a consequence of a long drawn mass movement in the early seventies of the last century led by liberal democratic and education loving people of the locality. As a result of the mass movement of the local people, a preparatory committee was formed under the leadership of Sri Santimoy Bhattacharya. The committee requested the Rajpur Municipality to sanction a plot of land that would be suitable for the establishment of the college. It is affiliated to the University of Calcutta, which offers a wide range of subjects and facilities to its learners.Three well equipped faculties namely Science, Arts and Commerce have set a high watermark of teaching and learning which is certainly in tune with the heritage of the land.
- Students Union
- Cycle Stand
- Alumni Asociation
- Fee Concession
- B.A Honours and General
- B.Sc Honours and General
- B.Com Honours and General
- Admissions are made strictly on the basis of merit and counceling.
- Criteria for admission to different courses will be notified on the college notice Board. All such criteria are subject to revision by C.U. and the college authorities.
- Students applying for admission are advised to come personally with their guardians.
- Reservation for SC/ ST candidates are in recordance with the following norms set by the special cell for the welfare of backward class, University of Calcutta.
- There is a reserved quota of 22% and 6% (28% in total) for SCs and STs respectively in each subject (Honours), stream/ course.
- If adequate number of ST candidates are not available seats will be filled up by SC candidates & vice versa.
- The candidates included in the general merit list will not be counted towards reserved seats minimum qualifying marks for admission as per C.U. norms.
- A SC/ ST candidate seeking admission should have in the previous examination qualifying marks which are not lower by more than 25% from the marks obtained by the last candidate of the general category.
- The students (General and Honours Courses) satisfying the criteria for direct admission must get themselves admitted at the earliest.
- The names of students selected for admission to Honours course will be hung up on the college notice board and not communicated to students individually.
- The college does not accept any responsibility for cancellation of admission due to suppressions or misstatement of facts by students at the time of admission. The college shall not also be held responsible for cancellation of admission for any reason whatsoever.