Satyapriya Roy College of Education
AA287, Sector - 1
Kolkata - 700064
With an aim to cater to the needs of teacher education in West Bengal All Bengal Teachers’ Association (A.B.T.A.) the premier Secondary Teachers’ Organisation of West Bengal took its academic responsilbility for establishment of Teachers’ Training College in the year 1967, under the title All Bengal Teachers’ Training College. This college was renamed as Satyapriya Roy College of Education in the year 2006 to acknowledge the contribution of Satyapriya Roy in the field of School education as well as teachers’ movement. This nomenclature has been duly approved by the University of calcutta and the Government of West Bengal and NCTE by notification. At the national level, National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE) has accepted and acknowledged the certification of Bachelor of Education of this college since 1995.
- Students Union
- Alumni Association
- GAmes and Sports
The College will offer the following School subjects for pedagogical study out of which two subjects are to be taken by the candidate as method paper IV & V.
(1) Bengali (2) English (3) Sanskrit (4) Education (5) Geography (6) History (7) Mathematics (8) Physical Science (9) Eco Civics (10) Life Science.
- Each candidate will select one of the following subjects as compulsory elective paper
- Educational Technology
- Education of Children with special needs (Spl. Edn).
- Measurement and Evaluation in Education. (Compulsory for Pure Science and Commerce Students)
- Education in ancient, medieval and British India. (Compulsory for History Students)
- Population and Environmental Education. (Compulsory for Geography Students)
- Candidates with atleast 50% (45% for SC & 40% for ST) marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and / or in the Master’s Degree are eligible for admission to the programme.
- The reservation for SC/ST and other categories shall be as per the rules of State Govt is applicable. There shall be relaxation of 5% marks in favour of other categories of candidates.
- The candidates belonging to SC, ST or Physically handicapped category must submit their certificate authenticated by appropriate authority.