Birla Institute of Technology and Science
Vidya Vihar Campus, Pilani
Rajasthan – 333031, India
Birla Institute of Technology and Science, also known as BITS Pilani is a renowned institution and Deemed to be University. It is a UGC recognised institution with its other campuses located at Dubai, Goa and Hyderabad. BITS Pilani is the first Indian institution to set up a campus outside India. Since its inception in 1929, BITS Pilani has provided the premier quality technical education to students coming from all over India. It is situated in the Vidya Vihar campus, adjacent to the town of Pilani in Rajasthan. BITS has been accredited with ‘Grade A’ by the National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC).
Birla Institute of Technology & Science has been ranked No. 7 by India Today in the list of Top 25 Engineering colleges of India. The institute has state-of-the-art infrastructure and modern facilities, which makes study interesting and more interactive. BITS Pilani has a total of 13departments operating the integrated first degree programmes, higher degree programmes and the Doctoral programmes.
|Department||Course – Classification|
|Engineering & Technology||
|Medical Laboratory Technology||
|Nanoscience & Nanotechnology||
Higher Degree Programmes
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Ph.D. Areas of Research
Areas of Research
- Biological Sciences: Environmental Biotechnology, Microbial Biotechnology, Molecular Parasitology, Molecular Endocrinology, Tissue Culture Technology, Bioinformatics.
- Bioengineering: Biomaterials, Biomechanics, Bioinstrumentation, Bio- transport Process.
- Civil Engineering: Structures, Water Resources, Geotechnical, Transportation, Image Processing and G.I.S., Disaster Management, Earthquake Engineering, Finite Element Method, Disaster Loss Estimation, Genetic Algorithm and Neural Network Application.
- Chemical Engineering: Energy Integration, Separation Process, Process Control, Environmental Pollution Control, Biomass Gasification. Multiphase Reactors, Evolutionary Computation.
- Chemistry: Theoretical Chemistry, Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Physical, Analytical and Inorganic Chemistry.
- Computer Science & Information Systems: Computer Networks, Database Systems, Software Engineering, Operating Systems, Multimedia, Computer Control Systems, Computer Architecture, Formal Methods, Information Retrieval.
- Economics and Finance: Macroeconomic Models and Policy, Microeconomic Analysis, Money and Financial Markets, Financial Engineering, Econometric Studies.
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering: Instrumentation and Control, Microelectronics, Signal Processing and Embedded Systems, Power Electronics, Telecommunication, Robotics and Intelligent Systems.
- Humanistic Studies: Gender Issues, Medical Sociology, Developmental Sociology, Indology, Indian Philosophy, Governance, Business Ethics, Conflict Management.
- Languages: Professional Communication, ELT, Indian Writing in English
- Mathematics: Pure and Applied Mathematics, Fluid Mechanics, Modeling Theory, Statistics.
- Mechanical Engineering Manufacturing Systems/Manufacturing Excellence, Thermal Engineering, Design Engineering, Materials Engineering, Energy Management, Renewable Energy, Facture Studies.
- Management: International Trade & Balance of Payment, Project Appraisal and Policy Formulation, Financial Management, Organizational Behavior, Human Resource Management, Supply Chain Management, Strategic Management, Marketing, Technology Management, Total Quality Management.
- Pharmacy: Drug Design, Screening, Drug Delivery Systems, Phytochemistry and Natural Drugs.
- Physics: Theoretical Physics, Semiconductor Device Physics, Materials Science.
- Educational Innovation and Institutional Development