ILS Law College
Law College Road
Pune - 411004
Indian Law Society's Law College was established in year 1924 in Pune. Also known as ILS Law College, it is one of the most prominent Law schools of India. It offers a wide range of courses, primarily the 3year and 5year law course. ILS Law College is one of the oldest and reputed legal institutions of India. It is located on Law College Road, Pune. It has been consistently ranked amongst top 10 law school of India. ILS Law School has been ranked 7th amongst the Top-25 law schools in the country for the year 2010 by India Today.
The college was aided by The Ford Foundation. The college was initially a part of the University of Bombay but after the establishment of the University of Pune in 1949, the college became a constituent of the latter. In year 2004, the ILS Law College was accredited the A+ level by NAAC. The institute campus is situated amidst sprawling greenery in the heart of Pune. Student placements for the last few years have been over 90%, making ILS the most favored institution for legal education in India.
- B.S.L. LL.B.
- Diploma in Taxation Laws
- Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare (DLL & LW)
- Master in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare (MLL & LW)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanisms (Distance learning programme)
- Certificate Course on Securities Law
- Certificate of Lawyering Skills
- The College does not conduct any entrance examination towards admissions for either Five or Three Year Law Courses.
- Admissions are strictly on merit (aggregate %) of 12th standard for Five Year and of Graduation for Three Year Law Course.
- Reservations of seats for SC, ST, NT, VJNT, OBC etc. are available only for the students from Maharashtra.
- Reservation of seats for Physically Handicapped is applicable to students both from within and outside Maharashtra.