Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology
Surat – 395 007, Gujarat,
Established in year 1961, Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology is one of the 20 National Institutes of Technology (NIT). The institute name is also written as NIT Surat and SVNIT. It is one of the top engineering colleges of India and Institute of National Importance (INI). Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology is ranked No. 22 by India Today in the list of Top 25 Engineering colleges of India. The college has now been given the status of Deemed University.
SVNIT has 10 departments offering engineering courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Admission to the institute for bachelors and masters degree courses is done through AIEEE and GATE entrance exams. Spread over 256 acres of land, the institute campus is located on Athwa-Dumas Road, Surat. The mission of NIT Surat is to be one of the leading Technical Institutes disseminating globally acceptable education, effective industrial training and relevant research output.
|Department||Course – Classification|
- Department of Applied Mechanics
- Department of Applied Chemistry
- Department of Applied Mathematics & Humanities
- Department of Applied Physics
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Electronics Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering