Veer Narmad South Gujarat University
University Campus, Udhna-Magdalla
Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat was established in 1967 located in the city of Surat . earlier it was known as South University . this name is in honour of the famous scholar and poet of Gujarat, Narmad.
The University has 78 Grant-in-aid Colleges, 129 Self-financed Colleges/institutions and 87 Post-graduate Teaching Centres attached to affiliated colleges. There are 17 Post Graduate Departments on the University campus that offer various courses with multiple specializations, besides M.Phil and Ph.D. There are 16 self-financed programmes on the campus. The University offers 119 Graduate and 35 Post-Graduate programmes in all, including self-financed programmes. This university has non-traditional postgraduate departments such as public administration, rural studies, comparative literature and aquatic-biology.
Courses Offered and Departments:
Department of Aquatic Biology
- M.Sc. Aquatic Biology
- M.Phil, and Ph.D.
- Fish Cytogenetics Pollution & Toxicology
Department of Business and Industrial Management
- Two-year (Full-Time) MBA Programme (Two classes of 60 seats each).
- Three-year (Evening) MBA Programme for working executives having minimum one-year experience at the junior executive level (30 seats).
- Two-year (Full-Time) MBA (Tourism and Hospitality Management) Programme (One class of 30 seats).
- Organizing development Programmes for Chartered Accountants and Working Professionals.
Department of Bio-Science
- M.Sc. (Biosciences)
Department of Comparative Literature
i) Comparative Literature :
ii) Gujarati :
iii) Hindi :
Department of Chemistry
M.Sc Programmes in
Department of Computer Science
- Master of Computer Application ( M.C.A. )
- M.Sc (Bio-Informatics)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application ( D.C.A.)
- Part Time Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application ( D.C.A.)
- Master of Philosophy ( M.Phil.)
- Doctor of Philosophy ( Ph.D.)
Department of Education
- Proposed: M.Phil (Education)
Department of Economics
- M.A. Based on Merit list of the applicants
- Industrial Economics
- Agricultural Economics
- Economics of Human Resources
- MBE (Master of Business Economics) Self Financed Programme)
Department of English
- M. A.
Department of Mathematics
- M. Sc.
- M. Phil
- Ph. D
- M.Sc.(Information Technology)
- M.Sc.(Information and Communication Technology)
Department of Physics
- M.Sc. in Physics (Intake of 32 students in First Year)
- Theoretical Physics
- Materials Science
- M.Sc. in Electronics
- M.Sc. (Tech.) in Applied Physics (Self finance)
- M.Phil. in Physics
- M.Phil. in Electronics
- Ph.D. with specialization in Theoretical Physics, Materials Science, Electronics
Department of Public Administration
- Post-Graduate Degree in Public Administration (MPA)
- M.Phil degree programme in Public Administration:
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D):
Department of Research Methodology
- Master of Labour Welfare (MLW)
- P.G.Diploma in Human Resource Development (PGDHRD).
Department of Rural Studies
Distance Learning Programmes
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Development and Mgt of Rural Organisations
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Co-operative Business Management
- Post-Graduate Certificate Programme in Rural Marketing
Department of Sociology
- M.A. in Sociology,
- Master of Social Work (MSW Self Finance Programme),
- M. Phil Programme,
Department of Statistics
- M. Sc. – Statistics (Grant-in-aid Course)
- M. Sc. – Applied Statistics (Self-Financed Course started from 2007-2008)
- M. Phil. (Grant-in-aid Course)
- Ph. D. (Grant-in-aid Course)